Well, it's 6:30 am. I've been up for an hour. In fact I've been up every hour since midnight. Yippee! I know you're all jealous. Since I'm up I thought I'd add a bit to the blog.
Yesterday I went in for this week's appointment. It was moved up from Friday because I'd been having lots of "real" contractions over the weekend. But, I guess we're safe for a little longer. The doctor ran a test that basically predicts whether I'll go into labor in the next two weeks. It came back negative--which means I have a 1% chance of going into labor in next two weeks. So that's good news. I guess I just need to take it a little slower. Which is difficult when taking it slower means sitting on the couch and being driven mad by all the things I can see that I need to do but shouldn't. Really, who knew a simple pile of toys/papers/clothing could be so menacing.
Ah, well. Last night we discovered an important rule in parenting. Don't give a child a toy just because YOU think it would be fun. For example, let's say a particular child, perhaps named James, loves fishies. At the same time a loving Aunt and Uncle, perhaps named Carrie and William, give you a little crib toy that has fishies and lights and music. You are naive enough to think, "Hey, my child, "James", has no problems going to sleep right now, maybe I should try to mess with the good thing we have going by giving him a toy to play with while he falls asleep." Well, that sounds great. Unless the toy becomes an all out obsession for "James" and causes him to go into all out melt down once the music stops. And so, you have the fine opportunity to learn a lesson in parenting as "James" has an all out melt down every time the music stops from 9 pm until 11 pm. :) Really, who would of thought fishies ruled the world. Apparently they do.
Until dinosaurs will.
Or trucks,
Or dogs . . .
And in about 2 1/2 years
Dolls.
1 comment:
At least your fish comes as a real toy. Luke couldn't get enough of Rocky and poked his fingers into the water over and over, especially when Rocky tried to nibble his fingers. That was sheer delight,and Luke wouldn't let it go, we had to play with Rocky for hours! Then Rocky died. Yes, it was a sad day when we flushed him down the toilet. I, of course, was secretly quite pleased...until two days ago when we inherited Henry.
Post a Comment