The kids and I have enjoyed a beautiful week in my mothers gorgeous back yard. Luckily I haven't had to fish any kids out of the pond this week ;) I've gotten into serving lunch outside on a blanket. Which might explain the second half of this post . . . But as for these pics--here are a few cute ones of Clara & Kate. James is 2 going on 14 and refuses to look at a camera, so he is mostly absent from all my latest pics. You might catch him in the background.
Here's Clara climbing on Mt. Mommy. Notice the dirt on her chin--leftovers from the snack that ended the photo op with her sister below.
Here's my little sick girl Kate. She lost about a pound with some kind of stomach bug this past week. Doesn't she look stressed? You should see the tantrums this girl can throw. I'll get one on tape soon and post it. Really, they're Oscar worthy.
Here is the only pic I got of the girls posing together. Clara promptly picked up a chunk of dirt and started munching away just after this was taken.
Picnic Table
Last Saturday as I was getting ready I had a sudden "Sarah Athay" moment. For those of you who don't know my mom, a "Sarah Athay" moment usually involves sudden whims to start large and random projects at any given time. I once woke up to the sound of a sledge hammer going through a wall. My mom decided she just didn't want a wall between the dining room and kitchen anymore. Luckily it wasn't a baring wall.
So, as I was getting ready last Saturday I decided that the kids needed a picnic table so I could serve snacks and lunches outside. Justin--always up for a project that includes drills and saws, was game. He found some instructions online and I headed off to home depot with James. The kids are now the proud owners of a picnic table. They love it! We eat snacks there every afternoon. In fact, sometimes the only place we can get James to eat at all is at the picnic table! FYI--you can down load the instructions from www.buildeazy.com We built it from 2x4's instead of 1x6's to make it sturdier. It took just an afternoon to build. Definitely worth it.

3 comments:
Love the table! I keep envisioning some sort of table for my backyard, but I haven't settled on the exactly what yet, so I'm waiting for the Sarah Athay moment. I did have one today, though, when I decided Mitchell needed a new quilt for his bed. So I'm now half-way through his new quilt top. Let's just hope I have the gumption to finish it! Sorry Kate's been sick, that is never fun with a little one. Can't wait to see you guys this summer.
So much fun!! I'm so glad I came across an older link to your site.
It was lots of fun to read up on all your excitement the past couple of years.
Your family is adorable!! When were the girls born? My baby sister just had twin girls. Little M just got out of the NICU 2 days ago so they're both home now. Fun times!!
Hope you're able to build your home soon.
It's amazing what you've been able to accomplish... especially being outnumbered!!
-Tammy (with Usborne Books)
Absolutely love the table. You guys are an impressive team--dirt, snacks, ponds and all!!
Post a Comment