Friday, April 17, 2009

A day in the garden

Well, we've just pasted the 1 year mark that we've been living with my parents. So much has gone on during the last year, I don't think any post could ever do it justice. I never thought we'd still be here when the girls were crawling! Now it looks like we'll still be here into the toddler stages. We're still waiting for the FDIC to sign off on our lot so we can get started building. We actually contacted the local newspaper and they're going to come do a story on us--you know because we're soooo crowded living in this huge house waiting for the Federal government to allow us to buy a lot so we can put some construction workers in business. :)

Anyway, here are some pictures from yesterday. It was a rare sunny day in April so we made the most of it. Here are some pictures:

So symbolic, in so many ways. It was only last October that I actually went 6 days without leaving the house because I was so overwhelmed at the thought of taking all 3 kids out alone. When I say I didn't leave the house, I mean not even to the mail box!!!
James and Grandma Sarah redoing the garden. Again. Only those of you who know my mom and her garden will understand that comment. ;)
Mommy and Kate self portrait


Mommy and Clara self portrait


The girls in their cage.


6 comments:

Carrie said...

Ok, so I have to laugh because I just read your previous post and guess what my word verification for this one is? "peelewee" I guess potty training is on the brain! Anyway, the girls are looking so big and cute and I love your haircut; you look great. I can't wait to see the news clip....but mostly I can't wait for progress to begin on your house!!!

Deborah Athay said...

LOL!!! I love Clara's look on that last pic!! It's like a puzzled, confused/slightly Elvis-ish thang!

Megan said...

I can't believe how big they are getting. I haven't checked your blog in a while and the pics are so cute. Glad you guys are doing well.

The Lowe Girl said...

Your mom taught my mom how to garden, and now she does the same thing...often. She says that she knows her garden just quakes when she walks out to enjoy it because the plants don't know which with stay, move or be taken away!!

As for thinking back about not leaving the house with three kids last year, isn't it nice looking back at those times and seeing how much better they've become?!

Cami said...

I might just be investing in one of those play yard fence things.. that is awesome! I'm a little scared about the crawling stage! looks like you guys are staying busy!

Emu Monkey said...

I love it!